Speyer – a site with a prosporous future
Speyer is a strategically important production site for Haltermann Carless. Ongoing developments and investments have been an integral part of the company's more than 50-year history. With around 100 employees, we produce an extensive portfolio with high demands on quality and sustainability. To achieve this, we invest in modern technologies, enhanced products and sustainable solutions.
Facts at a glance:
- Site foundation: 1965
- Production: hydrogenation plant (August 2021 completion), 9 distillation columns, natural gas-based power generation plant, loading and blending station, 175 tanks, 600 pumps; approx. 220,000 sqm² area, production in compliance with GMP standards.
- Production capacity: processing of up to 200,000 t of raw materials per year.
- Storage capacity: 80,000 m3 (tanks from 25 m3 to 3,000 m3)
- Logistics: water jetty, railway siding, loading station for tankers.
- Packaging units: Tank wagons, tank trucks, drums and iso-containers
- Laboratory: comprehensively equipped laboratory facility to meet a wide range of industry standard tests for hydrocarbon products
- Certifications: ISO 9001 (quality), ISO 14001 (environment), ISO 50001 (energy), ISO/IEC 17025 (Hamburg laboratory).
- Operation: 24/7
- Workforce: 120 employees, plus numerous external service providers
- Portfolio: Performance Solvents, Middle Distillates, Pentanes, Paraffinic Solvents, Components for Test Fuels, bio-based products made from renewable raw materials
- Fire brigade: own plant fire brigade on site