Hamburg – a site with a long tradition of fuel expertise
Hamburg is a Haltermann Carless site rich in tradition with particular expertise for our global customers in the automotive industry. At this site we produce Reference Fuels, Test Fuels and Certification Fuels, which are used in the research and development of engines as well as for comparable industrial applications, e.g. in the construction of power tools.
With our ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratory, we ensure our high quality standards and are strong partners to industry in the development of complex solutions for modern Fuels, high-purity Hydrocarbons, Pentanes and Middle Distillates.
Facts at a glance:
- Site foundation: 1898
- Production: Storage and blending facilities for liquid mineral oil products, 2 semi-automatic filling lines for industrial packaging, 6 filling stations for road tankers and rail tank cars, 1 jetty for seagoing and inland vessels, steam generation plant-operated with low-sulfur fuel oil, 10 kV transformers and 400 V switchgear to supply electrical power, 110 tanks (dedicated), 140 feed pumps, 130,000 m² industrial area with access to the Port of Hamburg
- Production capacity: Production of up to 600 batches p.a. with up to 40,000 t/a by blending
- Storage capacity: Control storage for 50,000 m3 of liquid mineral oil products (tank volumes from 10 m3 to 2,500 m3)
- Logistics:Seaport Hamburg shipping pier, rail connection to the Hamburg port railway and DB Cargo, modern road connections to the port terminals and motorways for bulk and general cargo transport
- Packing units: Sea and inland waterway vessels, tank wagons, tank trucks, iso-containers, IBC containers, 200-liter drums, cans
- Laboratory: Sophisticatedly equipped laboratory facility to meet the diverse measurement and testing requirements of the automotive industry for mineral oil products
- Certifications: ISO 9001 (Quality), ISO 14001 (Environment), ISO 50001 (Energy), ISO/IEC 17025 (Laboratory)
- Operation: 10/5 single shift system
- Workforce: around 100 employees, plus numerous external service providers
- Portfolio: Test and Reference Fuels, high-purity Hydrocarbons, Solvents, Pentanes, Middle Distillates, synthetic components for Test Fuels, polar raw materials from renewable sources