1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data refers to all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The Controller of this website pursuant to Art. 4 Section 7 European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is HCS Holding GmbH, Schlengendeich 17, 21107 Hamburg/Germany, email@example.com. You can reach our Data Protection Officer (CTM-COM GmbH, contact: Daniel Ziemens, In den Leppsteinswiesen 14, 64380 Roßdorf/Germany) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +49 6154 – 57605-111.
(3) If you contact us per e-mail or via the contact form, we will store the data given to us (your e-mail address, your name and phone number, where applicable) to answer your questions. We will delete the data stored in this context once no longer needed or restrict the processing thereof in case of legal retention periods.
(4) In the event that we resort to service providers for individual functions of our offering or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail herein below about the corresponding processes stating the criteria specified for the storage period.
2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with respect to us regarding the personal data relating to you:
– the right to information,
– the right to rectification or deletion,
– the right to restrict processing,
– the right to object to processing,
– the right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you only use our website for informational purposes only, i.e. if you don’t register yourself or make available data in any other way, we will only collect the personal data transmitted by your browser to our server. If you would like to look at our website, we will collect the following data required for technical purposes to show you our website and guarantee stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6 Sect. 1 Sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Corresponding data volume transferred
– Website from which access was initiated
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when using our website. Cookies are small text files stored on your hard disk and assigned to your browser through which certain information is transmitted by the organisation sending by the cookie (here: by us). Cookies cannot run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the website offering more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies. Their scope and functionality is explained in the following:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. They include in particular the session cookies. Session cookies store a so-called session-ID to allocate different requests from your browser to a common session. It enables us to recognize your device when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log off or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time that may vary depending on the type of cookie. You can delete the cookies any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your individual preferences and refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please be informed that, in this case, you might not be able to use all functionalities of this website.
f) [The flash cookies used are not saved by your browser but by your flash plug-in. Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your device. These objects store the required data independently of the browser you use and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you don’t want flash cookie processing, you have to install the corresponding add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by selecting the private mode in your browser. In addition, we recommend you to manually delete your cookies and the browser history.]
4 Other functionalities and offerings of our website
(1) Besides the purely informational use of our website we offer various services that you can use if interested. To this effect, further personal data usually have to be provided which we will use to provide the respective service and for which the above-mentioned principles for data processing apply.
(2) In some cases we use external service provides for the processing of your data. We have carefully selected and commissioned these service providers; they are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) Furthermore, we may transmit your personal data to third parties when we offer participation in campaigns, sweepstakes, contract conclusions or similar services together with partners. You will receive more details when furnishing your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(4) To the extent that our service providers or partners have their registered office in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
5 Objection or withdrawal of consent to the processing of your personal data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Such a withdrawal has an impact on the admissibility of processing your personal data after you have informed us thereof.
(2) To the extent that we base the processing of your personal data on a balancing of interests, you may object to such processing. This is the case, in particular, if the processing is not required for the execution of a contract concluded with you, something which we explain in the subsequent description of the functionalities. When exercising your right to objection we kindly ask you to present the reasons why we should not process your personal data the way we do. If you submit a substantiated objection, we will examine the case and either discontinue or modify the processing of the data or present to you our compelling legitimate grounds for continuing to process your personal data.
(3) You may of course object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your objection to the use of your data for advertising purposes by mail to: email@example.com.
6 Data privacy for online job applications
(1) We strictly point out that job applications, especially CVs, reference letters and other data provided by you may contain particularly sensitive information about mental and physical health, race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, memberships in a trade union or political party, or sexual orientation.
By submitting such data in your online job application, you expressly declare your consent that our company may collect, process, and use such data for the purpose of handling the recruitment process. The processing of such data will be done in line with this data privacy statement and other relevant legislation.
(2) Your personal job application data is exclusively collected and processed to fill vacancies within our organisation. Your data is as a rule only forwarded to the roles and departments within our company that are responsible for the specific recruitment process.
We will not use such data for any other purpose or forward your job application data to third parties.
(3) Your personal job application data is as a rule deleted four months after completion of the recruitment process. This shall not apply where legal regulations do not permit deletion, where storing such data is required for the purpose of giving evidence or if you have explicitly consented to a longer data storage period.
3) In addition, reference is made to §§ 1 -5.
7 Use of HubSpot
For our website and online marketing, we use Hubspot (see https://www.hubspot.com), an integrated software hosting solution. This allows us to customize your visit to this website and to cover various aspects of our online marketing.
These include, among other things:
- Content Management (Website and Blog)
- E-mail marketing (newsletters and automated mailings, e.g. to provide downloads)
- Social Media Publishing & Reporting
- Reporting (e.g. traffic sources, access, etc. ...)
- Contact management (e.g. user segmentation & CRM)
- Landing Pages and Contact Forms
Our registration service allows visitors to our website to learn more about our company, download content and provide their contact information and other demographic information.
This information and the contents of our website are stored on servers of our hosting partner HubSpot. We may use this information to contact visitors to our website and to determine which services of our company are of interest and importance to them.
HubSpot is a software company from the USA with a branch in Berlin. Contact: HubSpot, Koppenstraße 93, 10117 Berlin, Germany, Phone +49 30 56796549.
HubSpot is certified under the terms of the "EU - U.S. Privacy Shield Framework" and is subject to the TRUSTe 's Privacy Seal and the "U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor" Framework.
You can find more information from HubSpot regarding the basic data protection regulation here:
By sending your enquiry, you consent to the processing of your transmitted data for the purpose of answering your enquiry and for us to contact you in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 a DSGVO. We use all information collected exclusively to optimize our sales activities and to generate leads. For this purpose it may be necessary for us to store your data in our CRM system. In this case, the data will be stored until your revocation.
You can find out more about the cookies used by HubSpot here.
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, i.e. text files that are stored on your computer and enable your use of the website to be analysed. The information generated by the cookies about your use of this website is generally transferred to a Google server in the United States and stored there. If the IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will first be truncated in the member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating how you use the website, compiling reports on website activities and providing further services related to website and internet usage for the website operator.
(2) The IP address transferred from your browser within the scope of Google Analytics is not associated with other data by Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser software; however, we would like to point out that, if you do so, you may not be able to make full use of the functionalities provided by this website. Furthermore, you can prevent Google logging and processing the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This means that IP addresses will first be truncated before being processed so that the individual users cannot be identified. If and to the extent that the data collected about you involve a reference to you as a person, such reference will therefore be immediately excluded and the personally identifiable data are thereby promptly deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and to improve it on a regular basis. The statistic data obtained enable us to enhance our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user. For those exceptional cases where personal data is transferred to the United States, Google has undertaken to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Sect. 1 Sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR.
(7) [This website in addition also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows which is performed via a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your use in your customer account under “My data”, “Personal data”.]
Use of social media plug-ins
2) We have no influence on the data collected and the processing of such data or do we know about the full scope of data collection, the purpose of their processing and the storage periods. We also have no information about the deletion of data collected by the plug-in provider.
3) The plug-in provider saves the data collected about you as user profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and/or the customised design of his website. Specifically, such an analysis (also for users who are not logged in) is performed to present individualised advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of such user profiles. To exercise this right, you will have to turn to the respective plug-in provider. With the plug-ins, we offer you the possibility to interact with the social networks and other users so that we can improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as the users. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 Sec. 1 Sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR.
4) Data are transferred irrespective of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in to that account or not. If you are logged in to your account with the plug-in provider, your data collected with us are directly assigned to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you actuate the activated button and link to that site, for example, the plug-in provider will also store that information in your user account and communicate it publicly to your contacts. We recommend to regularly log off after using a social network, especially before activating the button, because that way you can avoid an assignment to your profile with the plug-in provider.
5) More information about the purpose and scope of data collection and data processing by the plug-in provider is available in the data privacy policies of these providers shown herein below. They also offer further information about your rights in this respect and the setting options available to protect your privacy.
6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL for their data privacy policies:
(1) [Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; https://www.facebook.com/policy.php; more information on data collection: https://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications as well as on https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(2) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(3) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(4) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany; https://www.xing.com/privacy.
(5) T3N, yeebase media GmbH, Kriegerstr. 40, 30161 Hanover, Germany; https://t3n.de/store/page/datenschutz.
(6) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(7) Flattr Network Ltd. With register office on 2nd Floor, White Bear Yard 114A, Clerkenwell Road, London, Middlesex, England, EC1R 5DF, Great Britain; https://flattr. com/privacy.]
1) Our websites in addition features AddThis plug-ins. These plug-ins allow you to use bookmarks or share interesting content with other users. With these plug-ins, you can interact with social networks and other users allowing us to improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6, Section 1, Sentence 1, lit. f of the GDPR.
2) Your internet browser uses these plug-ins to establish a direct connection to the servers of AddThis and, where applicable, to the selected social network or bookmarking service. The receivers are informed that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offering and receive the data listed under § 3 of this policy. This information is processed on the servers of AddThis in the United States. [We concluded standard data protection agreements with AddThis.]. When you send contents from our website to social networks or bookmarking services, a connection between your visit of our website and your user profile with the respective network can be established. We have no influence on the data collected and the processing of such data nor do we know about the full scope of data collection, the purpose of data processing or the storage periods. We also have no information about the deletion of the data collected by the plug-in provider.
3) The plug-in provider stores such data as user profiles and uses it for advertising, market research and/or the customised design of his website. In particular, such data analysis (also for users who are not logged in) is done to provide individualised advertising and inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of such user profiles. To exercise this right, you have to contact the respective plug-in provider.
4) If you don’t want to participate in this process, you can object to data collection and storage any time with effect for the future by setting an opt-out cookie: https://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out. Alternatively, you can set your browser in such a way that it prevents the setting of cookies.
5) More information about the purpose and scope of the collection and processing of data by the plug-in provider as well as further information about your rights in this respect and the setting options available to protect your privacy can be obtained from: AddThis LLC, 1595 Spring Hill Road, Sweet 300, Vienna, VA 22182, USA, www.addthis.com/privacy.
Integration of YouTube videos
1) We integrated YouTube videos into our online offering. These videos are saved under https://www.YouTube.com and can be started directly from our website. [They are all integrated into our “extended data protection mode”, i.e. no data referring to you as a user is transferred to YouTube if you don’t open these videos. Only when you open the videos, the data specified under Section 2 will be transferred. We have no influence on this data transfer.]
2) By visiting the website, YouTube is informed that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data listed under § 3 of this Policy is transmitted. This is done irrespective whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no such user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you don’t want this assignment to your profile with YouTube, you have to log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and/or the customised design of its website. In particular, such data analysis (also for users who are not logged in) is done to provide needs-oriented advertising and inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of such user profiles. To exercise this right, you have to contact YouTube.
Integration of Google Maps
1) On this website we use the services offered by Google Maps. That way, we can show you interactive maps directly on our website and give you the possibility of conveniently using the map functionality.
2) By visiting the website, Google is informed that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data listed under § 3 of this Policy is transmitted. This is done irrespective of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no such user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you don’t want this assignment to your profile with Google, you have to log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and/or the customised design of its website. In particular, such data (also for users who are not logged in) is analysed to provide individualised advertising and inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of such user profiles. To exercise this right, you have to contact Google.
Use of Google Adwords Conversion
1) We use the Google Adwords service to draw attention to our attractive offerings with the help of advertising (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. The success of the individual advertisements can be determined in relation to the data of the advertising campaigns. Our intention is to show you advertisements that are interesting for you, to make our website more attractive for you, and to achieve a fair calculation of the advertising costs.
2) Google places these advertisements via so-called “Ad Servers”. To this effect, we use Ad Server cookies that can measure certain parameters to gauge success, like for example the display of the advertisements or clicks by the users. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Adwords will store a cookie on your computer. These cookies are usually deleted after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. Together with this cookie usually the unique cookie ID, number of Ad Impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post view conversions) as well as opt-out information (marking that the user does not want to be addressed anymore) are saved as analytical values.
3) These cookies enable Google to recognise your internet browser. If a user accesses certain pages of the website of an Adwords customer and if the cookie stored on his computer has not expired yet, Google and the customer can see that the user has clicked on the ad and was forwarded to this website. Every Adwords customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies can thus not be traced via the websites of Adwords customers. In the aforementioned advertising campaigns we do not collect and process any personal data. Google only provides us with statistical analyses. With these analyses, we can see precisely which of the advertisements placed are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data from the use of the advertisements. In particular, we cannot identify the users based on the information received.
4) On the basis of the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct link to the Google server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Google with this tool and therefore inform you according to our present level of knowledge: by integrating AdWords Conversion, Google is informed that you have accessed the corresponding part of our website or clicked on one of our advertisements. If you are registered with one of the Google services, Google can assign this visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or not logged in to your account, the provider can still find out your IP address and store it.
5) You can prevent participation in this tracking process in different ways: a) through the corresponding setting in your browser software; in particular, blocking of third-party cookies will ensure that you do not receive advertisements from third-party providers; b) by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking; to this effect, you have to adjust the settings of your browser in such a way that cookies from the domain www.googleadservices.com are blocked, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, whereby this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating the individualised advertisements of the providers who participate in the self-regulation campaign “About Ads“ via the link https://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies; d) by permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome using the link https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please be informed that, in this case, you might not be able to fully use all functionalities offered on our website.
6) The legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 Sec. 1 Sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR. More information about data privacy at Google is available here: https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at https://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has undertaken to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Facebook Custom Audiences
1) Furthermore, the website uses the remarketing function “Custom Audiences” from Facebook Inc. (“Facebook”). Through this function, users of the website will be shown relevant advertisements (“Facebook-Ads”) when visiting the social network Facebook or other websites that also use this function. Our intention is to show you advertisements that are relevant for you with the aim of making our website more interesting for you.
2) On the basis of the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Facebook server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Facebook through the use of this tool and can therefore only inform you according to our current knowledge status: by integrating Facebook Custom Audiences, Facebook is informed that you have accessed the corresponding page of our internet website or clicked on one of our advertisements. To the extent that you are registered with one of the services offered by Facebook, Facebook can assign such visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Facebook and/or if you have not logged in to Facebook it is possible that the provider will find out your IP address and other identifying features and store them.
3) Deactivation of the function “Facebook Custom Audiences” is possible [here] and for logged in users at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#.
1) The legal basis for the processing of our data is Art. 6 Sec. 1 Sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR. More information about data processing by Facebook is available at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.