Welcome to Haltermann Carless! We are one of the leading suppliers of high-quality hydrocarbon specialities. Like no other company, we combine the expertise of specialty chemicals with petrochemicals and bridge the gap between tradition and innovation. As one of the oldest chemical companies in the world, our products, which include such strong brands as "Haltermann Carless" and "ETS Racing Fuels" and “Electrical Oil Services”, play an important role in the automotive, pharmaceutical or Oil & Gas industries.
The basis of our continued success, our excellent product quality and the high level of customer are our high qualified and motivated employees, whom we constantly challenge and who we offer room for their professional and personal development through a wide range of support programmes.
For our office in Leatherhead, UK, we are looking to recruit a
Technical Services & Development Manager
Drive portfolio change and product development in the Energy Products & Services business line supporting the Group's sustainability strategy. Identify new business opportunities to deliver growth aligned to our sustainability strategy, including the identification of new, sustainable or renewable business opportunities. To drive and support their implementation at our refining site in Harwich and to position the new portfolio in the appropriate markets. Support TS&D as a group. Technical focal point for hydrocarbon applied technologies within Haltermann Carless UK.
- Assess, analyse and evaluate technologies and markets based on existing Haltermann Carless feedstocks and products and develop strategic options at our refinery in Harwich.
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets with a strong focus on transition towards renewable or sustainable solutions.
- Seek out the appropriate contacts in an organisation and generate strategic leads with key stakeholder in the circular, renewable and bio based hydrocarbon industry.
- Drive implementation of strategic projects aligned with sustainability targets within the business with specific focus on the Energy business unit.
- Optimise the product portfolio based on technical requirements of production processes and raw materials in line with technical and regulatory requirements.
- Generate leads for alternative supply sources for existing products with specific focus on technical development within the Energy business unit.
- Generate leads for new supply sources for new products in line with company strategy.
- Network in the renewable and bio based hydrocarbon industry. Attend seminars, conferences and events.
- Meet with external clients face-to-face to foster and develop relationships create a new sales pipeline.
- Understand the needs of our customers and be able to respond effectively with new solutions to meet these.
- Think and act strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting objectives in order to develop and improve the business and carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes.
- Improve the way the business operates and assist business modelling and implementation.
- A degree in the field of science with 5 years industry experience.
- In depth knowledge in technical chemistry aligned with good skills of commercial assessments.
- In depth knowledge of the refining market, ideally in both traditional and emerging technologies.
- Project management experience and capability.
- Experience in the chemical industry in the field of hydrocarbons or mineral oil-based products is advantageous.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to translate and communicate highly complex technical information with non-technical colleagues.
- Flexibility and mobility for up to 50% travel within Europe.
- In-depth MS Office skills.
Have we raised your interest?
To apply please submit your CV, along with a covering letter explaining why you fit the role, to Alyson McCabe at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!