Welcome to Haltermann Carless Germany! We are one of the leading suppliers of high-quality hydrocarbon specialities. Like no other company, we combine the expertise of specialty chemicals with petrochemicals and build bridges from tradition to innovation.As one of the oldest chemical companies in the world, our products, which include such strong brands as "Haltermann Carless", "Electrical Oil Services" and "ETS Racing Fuels", then and now play an important role in the automotive, pharmaceutical or oil and gas industries in more than 90 countries around the world.
For our Electrical Oil Services (EOS) brand, we are looking for an Area Sales Engineer reporting to the Product Line Manager EOS, based at home and able to visit customers & sites as and when required.
Area Sales Engineer EOS (m/f/d)
The Area Sales Engineer will be responsible for sales, market development and technical support in the assigned market/geographical regions. The successful applicant will understand and satisfy customers’ requirements profitably, identify opportunities to grow new accounts, establish and implement plans and strategies to meet company objectives. The postholder will represent Haltermann Carless UK and the EOS brand in a professional, honest and trustworthy manner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the implementation of the sales plan, strategy and budget for sales that ensures attainment of company objectives and profitability.
- Be directly responsible for the day to day managing of customer accounts in all aspects. This includes assisting in commercial negotiations, account management, customer interface, technical and Quality Assurance support and provision of training if required
- Implement the agreed business strategy for Sales and Field Services.
- Assist in the preparation and management of action plans by individuals and teams for effective maintenance of existing accounts and development of new business.
- Assist in the development and implementation of sales and marketing plans.
- Deliver profitability as per the approved annual budgets and medium term business plan.
- Report regularly to the Product Line Manager (PLM) on sales and performance against the approved annual budget. Produce a monthly report and annual review as well as any other reports as requested by the PLM.
- Propose strategies to the PLM for business development and advise on key issues facing sales, be they commercial, technical or operational.
- Manage and record accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports.
- Assist in controlling expenses to meet company and budget guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes ensuring the highest level of business integrity is maintained.
- Ensure compliance with legislation governing the operation of sales in the company.
- Provide sales and technical support to customers and other departments within Haltermann Carless CUK and EOS if required.
- Provide authoritative expert representation of Haltermann Carless UK /and EOS through participation in and liaison with external authorities relating to sales and other areas of the Company’s business, if required.
- Assist with the development and manage the sales content of the Company’s website to comply with all Company policies and procedures including those concerning health and safety.
- Attend Stanlow, UK, office on a regular basis.
- Attend and positively contribute to sales meetings to address key matters.
- The successful applicant will be qualified as an Electrical or Mechanical Engineer with at least two years’ experience.
- You will be an enthusiastic person with excellent communication skills, keen to prove your ability to develop, maintain and grow relationships with both external and internal customers.
- You will be highly organised and good at problem solving to ensure that excellent customer service is always delivered.
- A flexible attitude and good sales skills are essential.
- A full, clean driving licence is required.
Applications (CV plus a covering letter explaining why you fit the role) should be sent to Andrew Melvin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Haltermann Carless UK Ltd